I'm going to tell you about a few more people that I know. I think I am going to start with Katie Jones. She may be related to Davey Jones, but this is, as of yet, unconfirmed. Regardless, this lady is the Bomb Diggety Shit. She's the kind of Gal who can be so responsible as to not contact the rest of us for a while. She works full time and is in Nursing school full time, and she KNOWS that if she listens to us, she won't be able to resist coming out or coming over.. Then papers and homework will not get done. So she is well practiced, an expert really, in avoiding peer pressure. I admire her stubbornness in this area. I am too ADD and to hyper active to say no to an adventure or to a party! Now.. She may be a million times more responsible than the rest of us, but she is CRAZY FUN! This is the lady who gave me UniCorn holders for my birthday. She enjoys discussing crafty things with me, can dance her ass off, will join in on a musical jam session and go on a silly outing to the zoo. She has amazing, contagious energy, and we ALWAYS notice when she is not there for our shenanigans! Maybe the party animal in all of us should take a lesson from Katie in task management! We could also, then, take lessons from her on how to be silly and have a great time. All in all, I love the hell out of Katie Jones!
Now Jay, is your typical quiet type. This may be a Rufledt family trait.. He is also a listener, but can jump into the craziness at any time and have it not look out of the ordinary. I don't know Jay as well as I know some of the others in the group, but I am always glad to see him when he comes out with us! He fits in perfectly to our very diverse and well balanced group of awesome!
Gabi is a party animal. Ok. SOMETIMES Gabi is a party animal. She can rock pink pleather hot pants one day and a bathrobe and zombie blood another. She's always ready for an adventure, and is another one of those people who not only bears with me when I have themed parties, but actually gets INTO it! She's a dancin fool and she laughs almost as much as I do. For the record, laughing as much as I do is really hard to do..
Technically, I could have talked about Derek in the same blog as I told you about Deej, but then again, I didn't meet him until after most of the other people I mentioned already. So I guess we're going in the order of how I met people. Let me start by saying, Derek makes me crazy. But in a good way. He fits in well as he is incredibly nerdy (we really do have a LOT of nerds in this group!) and he's a balancer as well because he's really really quiet. Until you get to know him. Then he will argue with you about things he knows about until the cows come home and he has a knack for bringing up U2 (his favorite band) every ten minutes or so. This is a guesstimated average, but I am quite sure that it is fairly accurate. Derek is like me, in the way that he collects, stores and sometimes uses an insane amount of useless facts. Me? I'm not sure where I get some of the stuff I know.. Derek, watches documentaries, the Discovery Channel and Googles on a regular basis. If he has a question about something, he doesn't stop until he knows everything there is to know about that subject. I introduced him and Deej to Roller Derby last year, and now I think he knows the rules better than the NSRG officials. He's a dork but I <3 him.
I find myself re-reading and re-writing a lot of the descriptions I give before I post them, because it's hard for me to know how someone would feel reading them that doesn't know my friends. It's really hard for me to describe how much I love this marvelous group of people electronically. You have to BE there. You have to see the shenanigans first hand to know how wonderful, amazing, talented and utterly hilarious my friends are! My wish for all humankind, is to, even for a short while, have a support system of incredible people to brighten and enrich their lives. This may sound sickeningly sappy, but if everyone felt as much love for other people as I do for my friends, I think the world would be a much better place. One social circle at a time.
=) You could have mentioned, that you know Derek because he is my boyfriend. It's so true about him and how can one not <3 him. hehehe I'm a bit bias about him.
ReplyDeleteAre you going to have an entry on the Vicious Wolf dog, and other squish faces?